Certified Montessori Lead Primary Teacher
Job Posted: May 11, 2020
Glen Park Montessori is located in a lovely neighborhood in the southern area of San Francisco. Our school consists of 2 floors of vibrant, light-filled space where 36 children gather to love learning, to create, explore, imagine and envision. We have an outside play space spanning two city lots where our 100-year-old Redwood tree resides.
We are in search of Guides that will help us, in addition to our classical Montessori Curriculum, develop/ implement our Extended Montessori Curriculum by expanding the Montessori Botany and Biology studies to bring our Children’s Love of Nature program forward.
If you consider yourself a Naturalist, all the better! You are invited to bring your love of teaching, and sharing your passion as we take the children along with us to explore our unique and precious Planet Earth.
We also are looking for assistance utilizing ZOOM in the event that a return to online classes would be required in the future. Additionally, any video or photographic expertise would be very welcome.
Our staff is open, friendly, dedicated, and fun. Our classrooms reflect our commitment to the fully authentic Montessori materials. We enjoy a warm relationship with our highly supportive parent group, which has thankfully sustained us through this current crisis.
- 12 ECE units for Community Care Licensing
- Montessori Training- AMI/ AMS/ MACTE
- Some degree of Higher Educational accomplishment or professional mastery
- Several years of classroom experience
- Fingerprint clearance
- Paid vacation and holidays after an initial period
- A contribution to health insurance
- Monthly teacher in-service days
- Support for on-going education and professional enrichment
- A generous pay range commensurate with education and experience
- Fun celebration events that enhance the sense of school community
Clear communication, collaborative inspiration, and devotion to the guidance set forth by Maria Montessori. If you enjoy creativity, in depth research, also have some musical talent (but not required!) have a great sense of humor, and most importantly: a passion for working with young children- do think about joining us!
Please forward your resume, if interested, to [email protected] Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you,
Rosemary Rae, Head of School